Senate 2008 Guru: Following the Races

Keeping a close eye on developments in the 2008 U.S. Senate races

Saturday, March 31, 2007

"No Ifs" on a Huckabee Senate Bid

  • Arkansas: The Morning News and the Arkansas News Bureau are both reporting that former Governor and current Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has ruled out a Senate bid against Democratic incumbent Senator Mark Pryor. Huckabee told the Arkansas News Bureau:

    "The rumors have been out there and I need to put them to bed. I don't see it happening," Huckabee said of the possibility he would drop out of his run for president to take on Pryor, a first-term Democrat.

    "There are no ifs on this one. I have a race I'm in, and I'm committed to it."
    Whether this is absolutely sincere or just Huckabee trying to "seem" committed is unclear. ("I don't see it happening" isn't the same as "No chance whatsoever" in my book.) Huckabee can always re-evaluate later in the year if he believes his Presidential bid isn't gaining traction. That said, if this turns out to be the case, Pryor winning re-election just got a little safer.

  • It would be nice if the Bush Administration spent more money on actually improving care at Walter Reed and less money on Public Relations agencies to convince people that they're doing a good job. (HT: TPM)

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home